Problem with consolidation

Reaction score
I tried to find if there was similar issue on this forum, but I can't find anything that would resolve my issue.

I consolidated about 30 workbooks and have row and column labels that are same and some of them repeating and some don't. I am ok with that and everything works. I sum all values. Now, I would like to use the same worksheet for further consolidations. When I click consolidate and I delete workbooks that I don't need anymore and I want to replace them with another set it just doesn't work.
What is the procedure and is it possilbe to do that?
For example, I have workbooks from quarters 1,2,3,4 of 2012. I would like to use this consolidation worksheet and drop quarter 4 of 2012 and add quarter 4 from 2011 so it would look like: 4,1,2,3 instead of 1,2,3,4.
When I delete all data and ungroup it seems to me that cell references are all messed up and that deleted data actually still sits somewhere.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Ask a Question