Problem with All-In-Wonder X600 XT

Michael David Garrison

Hi,

I've got something going on with my system: The "ATI WDM TV Tuner" on my
system won't start -- "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

MMC 9.03 runs okay in 'Video In' mode, but there are no tuner controls
displayed; nor can I start the FM radio feature.

I'm running with the PCI-E version of the ATI card, on an ABit AA8 Duramax,
with all of the newest drivers installed. (I suspect that there might be an
issue with the onboard ALC880, but I don't want to uninstall the drivers for
it until I hear back from the group.)

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the ATI drivers, to no avail; also
tried doing that for just the WDM capture driver, and no joy there, either.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Garrison

dscrap

Mike,

I am having the same exact problem. I too have all of the latest
drivers installed. I have an Asus P5AD2-E Premium motherboard though.

I also have an unknown device listed in device manager. If I click its
properties, it shows as Intel 82801FB LPC Interface Controller. There
are several posts about this, all suggest installing the latest chipset
drivers from the Intel website. I have done this with no success. I
am not sure if the 2 issues are related or not. Please email me if you
find a solution.

Thanks,
Dan S
dscrap "at" hotmail.com

dscrap

After hours a messing with this... I finally got it working by
installing the drivers off the CD that came with the card. It seems
that the newest drivers on the ATI site are not compatible with the AIW
X600. If I had taken the time to read the info on the down load page,
I might have saved myself a lot of agravation. Below is the text from
the download page stating that the new WDM driver does not work with
the X600 or X800 AIW cards... When I installed the drivers off the CD,
I only installed the display drivers, control panel, WDm drivers, and
the decoder. I installed MMC 9 from the download and it worked fine.
I did install the DAO part first. Now if I could only get a few more
bugs fixed with other software, I would be in heaven. Hope this helps
you...

High Speed
(Cable / DSL) Display Driver,
Control Panel,
WDM Capture driver Download
1 of 1 22.8 01/17/05 1 package
Note: The WDM Capture drivers for download are not supported on the
ALL-IN-WONDER X600 PRO and ALL-IN-WONDER X800 XT at this time. Please
use the WDM Capture drivers provided on your installation CD.

dscrap

Well I finally got it all figured out. Like I posted previously, the
new driver wont work. Well that is not entirely true. It will work,
but you need to do a few things.

Go to the ATI site and download the following graphics drivers. Choose
the Low Speed (Dial Up) Section and download the graphics driver and
the Catalyst Control Center. You will also need to download dotnet
framework from MS, there is a link on the diplay driver page. Then go
to the multimedia software and download the DAO/MDAC and the Multimedia
Center.

Now you need to copy two folders off the original install CD. Right
click on the CD Drive containing the CD and select open or explore.
Now open the install forlder and copy the decoder folder and the WDM
folder to your hard drive where you downloaded the other files.

Now install them in the following order, restarting as noted...

1. WDM- restart
2. Display driver - restart
3. Dotnet Framework
4. Catalyst Control Center - restart
5. Remote Wonder remote control drivers - if you have one
6. DAO/MDAC - restart
7. Decoder
8. MMC 9.03 restart

When you install MMC just choose the programs you want. There is no
need for some of them and they will just waste space and system
rescourses if you select them. I only installe the TV, DVD, File
Player, and VCD. I did try the FM radio, but it was really hard to get
any stations. Internet radio is better.

Good Luck!

Oldsmobile

dscrap said:
Now you need to copy two folders off the original install CD. Right
click on the CD Drive containing the CD and select open or explore.
Now open the install forlder and copy the decoder folder and the WDM
folder to your hard drive where you downloaded the other files.
Now install them in the following order, restarting as noted...

1. WDM- restart
[CUT]

Hi!
You could be my saviour :)
I have the same problem as yours... but mine is worst because In my
ATI Box there wasn't many disks, but the driver disks was missing.
Caould you be so friendly to ZIP the original WDM version and e.mail
me, or tell me wich wdm version you have installed, so I can try to
see my TV Tuner?

Just in case, please use this address: rossi(you know
what)depquest.net

Thank you in advance.
P.S. I'm not crazy... I asked ATI many times for the new CDs, but the
answer isn't coming... :-(

dscrap

Hi,

The zip file is 4 mb and to big to email. The drive version is
6.14.10.6274 as shown in Device Manager under the Sound and Video
section for the WDM devices.

Good Luck

"dscrap" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

Oldsmobile

dscrap said:
Hi,

The zip file is 4 mb and to big to email. The drive version is
6.14.10.6274 as shown in Device Manager under the Sound and Video
section for the WDM devices.

Good Luck

Thank you (very much) for your answer.
I simply wasn't able to find the driver version you told me.
All the downloads tak me to the 6227 version.
I have no problem with e-mauil size... if you really would be able to
send me that driver, I'll would be an happy man.

The genius from european support, sent me the wronh driver disk.

Would you save me?
Regards, Oldsmobile