Problem Syncing iPAQ PDA with Outlook using Windows Mobile Device Center

Extracampine

I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS Vista) no
problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on
Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it
defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because I want
them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed, everything syncs
OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Roady [MVP]

Use scanpst.exe to scan your pst-file for errors and try again.

Note that the correct newsgroup for support on WMDC is pocketpc.activesync

Extracampine

Thanks Robert.

You suggest using Scanpst.exe. I wonder if this would help, as I am syncing
my PDA with a 'clean' Outlook (i.e. new user, no settings or items
pre-existing), so it would be unlikely that there were problems with the
..pst file.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Extracampine said:
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS Vista)
no problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on
Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it
defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because I
want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed,
everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Roady [MVP]

Scanning won't hurt ;-)
Otherwise you might want to check with what Notes item it hangs and delete
or recreate that item. You could check the sync log file for more
information on why it might hang (could be too long for instance).

--

Extracampine said:
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS Vista)
no problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on
Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it
defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because I
want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed,
everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Extracampine

I dont think it even attempts to sync the notes, though of course it may be
trying. Do you know where I can find the sync log file to check this ?

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS Vista)
no problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on
Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it
defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because I
want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed,
everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Roady [MVP]

Does your phone actually support Note items? If it doesn't show up in WMDC
Sync Settings it is not supported.
Log files can been obtained through Sync Center in Windows Control Panel.

--

Extracampine said:
Thanks Robert.

You suggest using Scanpst.exe. I wonder if this would help, as I am
syncing my PDA with a 'clean' Outlook (i.e. new user, no settings or
items pre-existing), so it would be unlikely that there were problems
with the .pst file.

in message Use scanpst.exe to scan your pst-file for errors and try again.

Note that the correct newsgroup for support on WMDC is
pocketpc.activesync

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS
Vista) no problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account on
Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device Center, it
defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click notes because
I want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is performed,
everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Extracampine

I am syncing an HP iPAQ HX2790, not a phone. I'm pretty sure it supports
note items.

In sync center, I can "view sync results", which simply states that "there
are currently no sync errors or warning". I do not see where I can find a
lot of the actual sync.

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message Use scanpst.exe to scan your pst-file for errors and try again.

Note that the correct newsgroup for support on WMDC is
pocketpc.activesync

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
I have sync'd my iPAQ HX2790 with outlook (2007, running under MS
Vista) no problem.

I am trying to sync a different iPAQ now, using a different account
on Vista. When I set up the device using Windows Mobile Device
Center, it defaults to syncing all items except for notes. I click
notes because I want them to sync with Outlook also. When the sync is
performed, everything syncs OK except for the notes, which do not
sync at all.

Any ideas why this may be, and how to solve the problem?
Thanks
Dan

Roady [MVP]

I meant mobile device instead of phone ;-)

In your sync settings you can select what to sync like Contacts, Tasks,
Mail, etc... if Notes doesn't show up there it is not supported.

--

Extracampine said:
I dont think it even attempts to sync the notes, though of course it may
be trying. Do you know where I can find the sync log file to check this ?

in message Scanning won't hurt ;-)
[...]

Notes does show up, but it is not ticked by default (as all the other items
are). I can however tick notes also, which should mean that they get sync'd
also. However, despite everything else being sync'd, notes are not.

?

wrote in message Scanning won't hurt ;-)
[...]

Then you might want to continue this in the following newsgroup;
pocketpc.activesync

Good luck!

--

Extracampine said:
I am syncing an HP iPAQ HX2790, not a phone. I'm pretty sure it supports
note items.

In sync center, I can "view sync results", which simply states that
"there are currently no sync errors or warning". I do not see where I
can find a lot of the actual sync.

in message Does your phone actually support Note items? If it doesn't show up in