Problem rightclicking to rename folder/shortcut (*transient*)

C

Chad Harris

I began having this problem but it is transient and repeats. I have no idea what's causing it. At times (and it goes away in a minute or two, I can't right click a file or folder on the desktop and rename it from the right click context menu. When I click rename, and move the mouse up toward the font area to rename it, the font name box will close up.

I wondered if it could have anything to do with the 400 folder limit and many people's needs to apply Kelly's Save Settings tweaks and her regedits to up the number of folders that remember settings to 8000. But I applied Kelly's tweak that has to do with the BagMu keys long ago, and I don't think I'm near that folder limit.

Thanks,

Chad Harris

C

Chad Harris

What it has to do with is open windows in close proxmity to the folder/shortcut for whatever reason.

Chad Harris

I began having this problem but it is transient and repeats. I have no idea what's causing it. At times (and it goes away in a minute or two, I can't right click a file or folder on the desktop and rename it from the right click context menu. When I click rename, and move the mouse up toward the font area to rename it, the font name box will close up.

I wondered if it could have anything to do with the 400 folder limit and many people's needs to apply Kelly's Save Settings tweaks and her regedits to up the number of folders that remember settings to 8000. But I applied Kelly's tweak that has to do with the BagMu keys long ago, and I don't think I'm near that folder limit.

Thanks,

Chad Harris

Ask a Question