Problem Importing Specific Worksheet From Workbook

Erick C

Good morning everybody -

I am having a problem with a database that I am working on. I have a
file that is created in another database, and I need to import a
specific worksheet in this file. I was hoping that I could figure out
how to get it to work by myself but I have had no luck.
I tried adding the worksheet name into the TransferSpreadsheet command
but I do not think that I did it right.
Can someone help please? The code worked fine when I did not have
multiple tabs in the file, but now that there are multiple worksheets
involved it errors out. My code is below:

Worksheet name that I need to import: Cycle_Count_Overview

Dim strPathFile As String
Dim strTable As String, strBrowseMsg As String
Dim strFilter As String
Dim blnHasFieldNames As Boolean

blnHasFieldNames = True
strBrowseMsg = " Please select the Shrink Analysis Data file to
import…"

strFilter = ahtAddFilterItem(strFilter, "Excel Files (*.xls)",
"*.xls")
strPathFile = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _
Filter:=strFilter, OpenFile:=False, _
DialogTitle:=strBrowseMsg, _
Flags:=ahtOFN_HIDEREADONLY)
If strPathFile = "" Then
MsgBox "No file was selected.", vbOK, "No Selection"
Exit Sub
End If

strTable = "Shrink Analysis Data Table"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, _
strTable, strPathFile, blnHasFieldNames

MsgBox "Shrink Analysis Data Import Complete.", vbOK, "Status"
Exit Sub

Klatuu

I don't see where you are passing the range argument of the
TransferSpreadsheet method. It is the sixth argument.

Also, since your table name has spaces in it (really bad idea to ever put
spaces in a name), you need to include the brackets:

strTable = "[Shrink Analysis Data Table]"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, _
strTable, strPathFile, blnHasFieldNames, NameOfSheet

[...]

I updated the table and removed the spaces from the Shrink Analysis
Data Table.
I added the name into the docmd, but I am still getting an error
message:
Run-time error '3011' -database engine could not find the object
'Cycle_Count_Analysis_Overview'.
I went into the file and double checked the name of the worksheet, I
even copied the name from the worksheet and pasted it into the
transferspreadsheet just to make sure I had exactly what is in the
worksheet. Still no luck.
Here is current code:

[...]

Sorry, here is the updated code:

"Erick C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]
      Exit Sub- Hide quoted text -

Klatuu

I don't see the problem, Erick. Try running your code in debug mode and put
a breakpoint on the TransferSpreadSheet line. Check the values of all the
variables to be sure they contain the values you expect.

[...]

Ken Snell

Add a $ character at the end of the name of the worksheet. See various
examples on this web page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm

--

Ken Snell
[...]

Ken -
Thank you for the response.
I looked at your page and made your suggested change. Everything is
now working correctly.
Thank you! As always, you are the best!

        Ken Snellhttp://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/