Problem going back to search pages

When i use the search option on web sites like amazon, if I click on a link
on the page and then try to go back using the back button, I get the page
unavailable error message. Yet I can still access the page if I run the
search again. This seems to be a browser problem as it occurs with a number
of different sites. Any one any ideas how I get around this??

Hi

This isn't occuring on all amazon pages - only the search result pages. It
also happens on all other web sites that have search results type pages as
well so it is not site specific.

Cheers

Don Varnau

Hi,
Are you using the HOSTS file from http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm or
another source? There's information on the Back button problem on that page.

Also try:
Clear out the Temporary Internet Files. IE> Tools> Internet Options>
General> Delete files (and delete offline content.) It's often recommended
that the TIF folder be kept at about 50-60 MB (Settings.)

Try placing the site in Trusted Sites (Internet Options> Security.) Uncheck
"Require server verification" and enter the site as *.amazon.com

Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone> Custom> Userdata persistence>
Enable.

Internet Options> Privacy... are you allowing cookies?

Try disabling (briefly, as a test) any ad-blocking or privacy programs that
are running.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"craigb" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks for that - I tried ll of those and I'm stillgetting the error message
so I'm not sure what to do next!