Problem creating web site - VS 2005

Tom Nowak

In Visual Studio 2005, I click File, then New Web Site, then in the New Web
Site window, I select HTTP in the Location combo box. No matter what I do,
the OK button remains grayed out. Why does this happen, and what do I have
to do to fix it. I have IIS installed on my Windows Vista Home Premium
machine. Please help.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Tom,

Does it happens to all type of sites? File site?
Do u have SP1 and VS Vista Upgrade installed?

---
WBR,

TN> In Visual Studio 2005, I click File, then New Web Site, then in the
TN> New Web Site window, I select HTTP in the Location combo box. No
TN> matter what I do, the OK button remains grayed out. Why does this
TN> happen, and what do I have to do to fix it. I have IIS installed on
TN> my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. Please help.

Tom Nowak

I do have all current patches installed. It happens to HTTP and FTP sites,
but not File System.

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Tom,

does your IIS started? type http://localhost in your browser

---
WBR,

TN> I do have all current patches installed. It happens to HTTP and FTP
TN> sites, but not File System.
TN>
TN> "Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:

Hello Tom,

Does it happens to all type of sites? File site?
Do u have SP1 and VS Vista Upgrade installed?
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
http://spaces.live.com/laflour
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
Michelangelo

TN> In Visual Studio 2005, I click File, then New Web Site, then in
the
TN> New Web Site window, I select HTTP in the Location combo box. No
TN> matter what I do, the OK button remains grayed out. Why does
this
TN> happen, and what do I have to do to fix it. I have IIS installed
on
TN> my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. Please help.
TN

Tom Nowak

Yes it is.