problem assigning an icon to my smart device application

ronald

I'm having a problem assigning an icon to my smart device
application (pocket PC). I'm using Visual Studio 2003. I
went into the project properties, and selected an icon
file in the Build section, under application icon. The
file I selected is just an ordinary .ico, 32x32 and 16
bit colour. This automatically copied the icon file into
my project.

I then built a cab file, and copied to my device.
However, when I install the program from the cab file, I
just get a blank icon, with only the name. I have tried
reverting back to the default icon but even then I just
get a blank.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Benjamin Wulfe

Is the icon marked as an "embedded resource" in the "build action" property
when selected in the property window?
It should be, otherwise our device deployment step will probably not pick
it up correctly.

-Ben

| From: "ronald" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "ronald" <[email protected]>
| Subject: problem assigning an icon to my smart device application
| Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:53:59 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I'm having a problem assigning an icon to my smart device
| application (pocket PC). I'm using Visual Studio 2003. I
| went into the project properties, and selected an icon
| file in the Build section, under application icon. The
| file I selected is just an ordinary .ico, 32x32 and 16
| bit colour. This automatically copied the icon file into
| my project.
|
| I then built a cab file, and copied to my device.
| However, when I install the program from the cab file, I
| just get a blank icon, with only the name. I have tried
| reverting back to the default icon but even then I just
| get a blank.
|
| Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

Jason Polliard

You are doing nothing wrong. This has been a problem
with CF since beta. If you soft-boot your device, the
icon should appear.

Jason