Printing two copies of single side doc on same page?

I have an A4 (letter) sized documnet that I want to print twice on the same
print-out. This effectively will produce 2 A5 sized print-outs on one A4
sized page.

I can either try to duplicate my original in another page, or even column,
for example, but I'm thinking there's probably a better way of doing this
using Word and my network printer. The latter permits multiple pages per
sheet, etc, but as it stands my doc is only 1 page.

Any ideas greatfully received!

Found an answer to my own q.....use "print page numbers" and enter "1,1" to
print page 1 twice...so simple really! Does anyone have other ways of
achieving this?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

The only other way is to duplicate page 1 on page 2 and then print two pages
per sheet.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Thank you , but I cannot get the layouts exactly the same that way. For some
reason I get an empty line beneath the page break and above the inserted
table in page 2, and when I delete this line the page break also goes, thus
merging the two tables together on page 1!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Format the first row of the second table as "Page break before." But it's
easier to print two page 1s.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"Al" wrote:

> I have an A4 (letter) sized documnet that I want to print twice on the same
> print-out. This effectively will produce 2 A5 sized print-outs on one A4
> sized page.
>
> I can either try to duplicate my original in another page, or even column,
> for example, but I'm thinking there's probably a better way of doing this
> using Word and my network printer. The latter permits multiple pages per
> sheet, etc, but as it stands my doc is only 1 page.
>
> Any ideas greatfully received!

This solution is brilliant and really clever thinking!

I improved slightly on the solution provided by "Guest" so that the "1,1" solution can be saved and printed multiple times:

Do as written, ie. print 1,1, but instead of just printing it, instead print it to a pdf document using a pdf printer. Then in future you can print as many pages of 2 sheets each as you like.

Hope that helps.