Printing problem

G

We have two printers in 2 remote site, we install printer drive to the both machine. But still I cannot get the printout through TS. I check the TS (win2000) printer drivers of the both does not exist on that machine. After that I install those drives. Still problem is same. Please help me...

HP Deskjet 710
HP Leaserjet 100

Lux

G

This is a repost:

Did you follow the steps in the article below to map your unsupported printer to a built in driver?

As previously stated:

It is recommended that you NEVER add printer drivers to your Terminal Server to support new printers. There is a registry key you can modify to point the Terminal Server to an alternate inf file, where you can map your unsupported printer to a built-in printer driver with similar capabilities. See this article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;239088

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

----- Lux wrote: -----

Thanks,

Base on your doc I install HP Deskjet 550c printer drivers in both server and the Remote printer. Now it's assigning a session id,( I can see HP Deskjet 550c printiner in TS ) but still remoter printing not happing...

Please help me..!

----- Lux wrote: -----

We have two printers in 2 remote site, we install printer drive to the both machine. But still I cannot get the printout through TS. I check the TS (win2000) printer drivers of the both does not exist on that machine. After that I install those drives. Still problem is same. Please help me....

HP Deskjet 710c
HP Leaserjet 1000

Lux

M

Mark Mancini

make sure you have the latest RDP client, b/c that 710 should work. The
1000 is a DOT4 I think and there is a reg hack for that in the KB if you
search for DOT4 for redirection.

--
Sincerely,
Mark Mancini, CCA, CCNA, Master CIW&CI, CNE 4&5, MCSE+I 4&2000
www.MCSE2000.com
www.AppLauncher.com

Lux said:
We have two printers in 2 remote site, we install printer drive to the
both machine. But still I cannot get the printout through TS. I check the
TS (win2000) printer drivers of the both does not exist on that machine.
After that I install those drives. Still problem is same. Please help me....

Ask a Question