Printing inconsistencies in Excel 2003

G

I'm getting a lot of grief from trying to get a printout in Excel 2003 that used to work perfectly in Excel XP.

I have a one page spreadsheet that I print on a regular basis. I set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by 1 page tall and center the page horizontally and vertically. The printout fits beautifully in Excel XP until I migrated to Excel 2003.

In Excel 2003, the printout is noticeably smaller with an annoying gap/margin on the left and bottom of the page.

I've ensured that all the settings remain consistent with my Excel XP settings. In fact, on the preview page, Excel 2003 shows the correct layout but astonishingly, the actual printout is way off! I understand that it's not necessarily WYSIWYG, but the difference is just too distinct.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If yes, how do you resolve it? Printing never used to so difficult and annoying...

G

I'm using the same HP LaserJet printer for both versions of Excel

One thing I didn't mention is that when I convert my spreadsheet in Excel 2003 to PDF and print it, the result is as per the preview page, i.e. it fits the paper perfectly

It's going to be a pain having to convert to PDF each time I want to get the correct printout...

Ask a Question