Printing double sided

Reaction score
I have a workbook that is now available as a digital download. I want to offer it as a tangible gift that I would print out and mail myself. I'm hoping there is an affordable printer that does this automatically so I would not have to take out the pages and reinsert them to print the other side. (The book is almost 200 pages.) Can anyone give me advice?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What you need is a "duplex" laser printer :) I don't know if you need colour or not, but there are some colour lasers for around £150 that can do this now :thumb:

However, if you are going to be doing a significant volume I'd make sure you get a printer with cheap toners (or refills) to keep costs down.

I've got a Samsung CLP-500 (a few years old now), that was under £200 and does duplex printing. I've printed thousands of pages on it and only just had to change the toners. :) Saved me a fortune in thesis printing costs over the years :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You need a "duplex" printer ... :thumb:

I have only ever seen laser versions, no ink-jets, unless they are available these days.

Make sure it is a duplex-printer and you do not have to buy the duplexer separately.

Here is an example ... http://docs.sun.com/source/802-2637-10/duplex.html

user.gif

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
there are quite a few duplex inkjets around these days. They are probably a bit slower than the laser ones though, they need to let the ink dry a bit before it flips the page. My canon pixma ip4000 does this very well i bought it for £80 around 2 tears ago.

:thumb:

Ask a Question