Print specific pages of a Database

Dooley

I have the following code in my program to allow printing of the
database (size changes frequently).

Public Sub PrintData()
Dim lrow As Range
Dim rc As Integer
Dim ar As Integer
Dim Response As String

Sheets(1).Activate

Set lrow = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)
'
lrow.Activate
'ar = ActiveCell.row
'
'Range(Cells(1, "a"), Cells(ar, "M")).Select ' Selects Print
Area
'
' MsgBox ("Ensure that the Printer is on!")

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = _
ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Address
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$4"
.PrintTitleColumns = ""
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.PrintQuality = 600
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperLegal
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.Order = xlDownThenOver
Response = MsgBox("Print in Black and White?",
vbYesNo)
If Response = vbYes Then
.BlackAndWhite = True
Else
.BlackAndWhite = False
End If
.Zoom = 100
End With
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Range("A5").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

This works beautifully but only prints the entire database, however
there are times that I may only want certain pages to be printed. Any
suggestions on how to do this?

Dooley

Jim Cone

You can add the number of the starting page and ending page to your code.

From the Excel VBA help file...
"expression.PrintOut(from, To, Copies, Preview, ActivePrinter, PrintToFile, Collate)"

So your code would look like this to print pages 2 and 3...
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=2, To:=3, Copies:=1, Collate:=True
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Dooley" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

From the Excel VBA help file...
"expression.PrintOut(from, To, Copies, Preview, ActivePrinter, PrintToFile, Collate)"

So your code would look like this to print pages 2 and 3...
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=2, To:=3, Copies:=1, Collate:=True

<Snip>

Thanks Jim. As usual I didn't read the help file sufficiently to see
the answer was right in front of my face!

Your help is very much appreciated.

Dooley