Print logo using black ink cartridge only

Reaction score
I am using Visual Studio 2008 sp1 - VB.Net

I have been working on an application for a while now that has printing for each of roughly 30 forms. All the printing up to now has been with text only, so no need to worry about color ink. I was just recently told to add our company logo in gray scale to each of the forms.

I have added the logo successfully, however I cannot force the printing to be done with the black ink cartridge only. The image prints using the color to create the gray scale. However, if I open the logo independently and select gray scale, black ink only, then the printer will output correctly.

Here is the code I have tried using so far to set up printing with the black ink only. I have spent a couple days trying to go through forums to figure out the answer and no luck.

- I first started off trying to set the color printing after the print dialog is selected. I ended up finding out that it was not carrying over to the print page event.

Private Sub btnPEPrint_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnPrint.Click
If Me.PrintDialog1.ShowDialog() = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
PrintDocument1.OriginAtMargins = False
PrintDocument1.DefaultPageSettings.Landscape = False
PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = Me.PrintDialog1.PrinterSettings.PrinterName
PrintDocument1.DefaultPageSettings.Color = False
PrintDocument1.PrinterSettings.DefaultPageSettings.Color = False
PrintDocument1.Print()
End If
End Sub

- I found a couple of forum posts that suggested setting the color= false in the print page event, but when I tried it, I got the same thing.

Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PrintDocument1.PrintPage
e.PageSettings.Color = False
e.PageSettings.PrinterSettings.DefaultPageSettings.Color = False

I am looking to set it to print with the black ink cartridge only, which I can do from a normal print dialog with the logo, but cannot seem to get to work right when I am printing the same logo in my code. Any help would be appreciated

Ask a Question