presentation runs poorly from viewer but OK from powerpoint

I have created a presention in power point that I want to send out on CDrom to potential clients. Some clients will not have PowerPoint so I used to pack & go which requires them to unpack the presentation. I then unpacked it to a folder and sent the files to a blank CD to give it a try on another machine that does not have Powerpoint (running XP)

The presentaion does not run properly, particularly the animations. I have the show setup to run in kiosk mode. The presentation runs fine from powerpoint, including the copy on the CD, it just won't run properly from the viewer

I have apx 70 hours into the presentation and hate to scrap it and start over in some other format. I could use some advise on how to fix the viewer and also if there is a better choice for creating a self running, interactive audio/visual presention to package on CDrom that won't require the recipient to have any special sofware or experience to view it

Thank yo

Robert

Sonia

Pack and Go uses the PowerPoint 97 Viewer, which does not support the
animations and transitions that were added in PowerPoint 2002 and 2003. The
new PowerPoint 2003 Viewer *does* support them. You can find the viewer at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...27-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&DisplayLang=en

To create an autorun CD, see

Make an AutoRun CD
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00037.htm
--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

Robert said:
[...]

Glen Millar

Robert,

Forget Pack and Go. Please go to www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq
and search for sutorun with viewer. That will take you to
soniacoleman.com for a commercial solution, or
echosvoice.com for a manual one.

Glen

[...]

Kathryn Jacobs

That should have been "autorun". But to make it even easier, here is the
link to the PPT FAQ page:
Make an AutoRun CD
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00037.htm

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft PPT MVP
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:

Glen Millar

Thanks Kathy. You know how it goes....University lab, me goofing off on the
newsgroup trying to post in haste.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com