Subject: PPS Files
From: "Robert" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 6/3/2004 6:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time

What is a PPS File. I recently tried to open a document
attached to an e-mail, but could not open it. When I
looked at the attachment properties under file type, it
said "PPS File".
www.filext.com will give you all the skinny on any file extension you don't
recognize including what program most likely created it.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Kenny

power point show

Download the free powerpoint 2003 veiwer here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...27-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________
Kenny S

foksot2004 at hotmail.com
www.computerboom.net

Kenny

OH be carful!!! I have seen viruses that are PPS file attachments!!!
do you have an antivirus program?

Get one here for free from my security page
http://www.computerboom.net/download/security.html

AVG antivirus or AVAST antivirus ( recomend avast)

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________
Kenny S

foksot2004 at hotmail.com
www.computerboom.net

Ken Blake, MVP

In
Robert said:
What is a PPS File. I recently tried to open a document
attached to an e-mail, but could not open it. When I
looked at the attachment properties under file type, it
said "PPS File".

It's a PowerPoint presentation. The reason you can't open it is
that you presumably don't have PowerPoint installed.

You can download a free PowerPoint viewer at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8E-5513-46C4-AA4F-058A84A37DF1&displaylang=EN

or http://tinyurl.com/ka4j

This will let you view existing PowerPoint presentations, but not
create or modify them.

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

*.pps files are PowerPoint slide shows. You need to have
PowerPoint or a PowerPoint viewer installed to view these files.

If you only need to view the files, there is a free viewer
available:

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/Ppview97.aspx

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:

having both at once. - RAH

Crusty \(-: Old B@stard :-\)

Many people here will tell you how to open that file. My question is this!
Seeing all of the crap going around these days, why did you even attempt to
open a file you know nothing about? The next time you do, you may kill your
computer.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban