powerpoint viewer/file for mac users

Barry Rich

I have a slideshow develpoped with powerpoint 2000 and I
use the powerpoint viewer97..No problems there.

I have two alumni who have macs and I want to know if I
can send them the (windows)files and the powerpoint
viewer97 for mac. Or do the files have to be converted for
the mac? If conversion is necessary how do I do it?

Thanks
Barry Rich

TAJ Simmons

Barry Rich

Thanks for the info and links. Question if I send the
alumni a CD with the PowerPoint files .ppt will they the
mac user be able to read them into their Mac? Or do
the .ppt file need to be converted when they get them.
Thanks again
Barry

Steve Rindsberg

Any modern Mac should be able to read PC-formatted CDs, but I'd avoid overly
long filenames or paths. Make sure the file has a .PPT extension; even
though Macs don't generally use the extension, they can often use it to make
a best guess at which app to run the file with.

Make sure you let the Mac users know that they may have to open PPT or the
viewer first, then choose File, Open and browse to the PPT file on the CD.
Doubleclicking the file on CD may not automatically launch PowerPoint/the
Viewer for them.

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP