Post Code

Charence Wong

Hi all!

I am having trouble making a Post Code field. I have
currently set postcode input mask to >LL00 0LL however
this causes a problem

Only postcodes like DN21 8HE can be entered, not S80 3HL!

Is there any way of making input accept either?

Thank you,

Charence Wong

JSand42737

"Charence Wong" said:
Hi all!

I am having trouble making a Post Code field. I have
currently set postcode input mask to >LL00 0LL however
this causes a problem

Only postcodes like DN21 8HE can be entered, not S80 3HL!

Is there any way of making input accept either?

Thank you,

Charence Wong

Charence

Because of the complexities of the UK postcoding system, you cannot use an
Input Mask. Instead, you will need to use code to validate the postcode in the
form. An example of the code can be found at (watch for wrapping):

http://www.google.com/[email protected]&oe=UTF
-8&output=gplain

charence

Thank you!
Because of the complexities of the UK postcoding system, you cannot use an
Input Mask. Instead, you will need to use code to validate the postcode in the
form. An example of the code can be found at (watch for wrapping):
40dial.pipex.com&oe=UTF
-8&output=gplain

--

Jon

www.applecore99.com - Access Tips and Tricks

.

Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you!

[email protected]>, "Charence Wong"
><[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>>I am having trouble making a Post Code field. I have
>>currently set postcode input mask to >LL00 0LL however
>>this causes a problem
>>
>>Only postcodes like DN21 8HE can be entered, not S80

3HL!

>>Is there any way of making input accept either?
>>

>>Thank you,
>>

>>Charence Wong
>>

>Charence

It is L00 0LL (no space L=capital letters 0=numbers)