Porting Linux C application to .Net

Sunanda

Hi,

I am a newbie to .Net.

I have an application in running in linux, a set of .c
and .h files.

I also have a makefile in linux to create the executable.

I want to port this to windows (.Net environment).

I want my application to be portable so that I can
develop in .Net environment and later port it back to
linux.

Can somebody explain how to achieve this.
Is there any free tool that would automatically do this.
If I have to write some code in the main.c to make it
portable, what should I write?

I would really appreciate an early and descriptive reply.

Thanks in advance.

Sunanda.

Marko Radmilac [MSFT]

Sender: "Sunanda" <[email protected]>
Subject: Porting Linux C application to .Net
Hi,

I am a newbie to .Net.

I have an application in running in linux, a set of .c
and .h files.

I also have a makefile in linux to create the executable.

I want to port this to windows (.Net environment).

I want my application to be portable so that I can
develop in .Net environment and later port it back to
linux.

Can somebody explain how to achieve this.
Is there any free tool that would automatically do this.
If I have to write some code in the main.c to make it
portable, what should I write?

I would really appreciate an early and descriptive reply.

Thanks in advance.

Sunanda.

There are still no official porting tools from GCC to VC++, but there are
some "home-grown" ones, like MigraTec. I don't really know if it is a
quality product, though. Hope this helps,