Popup windows coming up when running "rundll32 printui.dll, PrintUIEntry"

G

Hi

I am planning to install in an automatic manner network printers on a WinXP workstation using local login scripts
I put in my login script the following command
rundll32 printui.dll, PrintUIEntry /in /q /n\\MyServer\PrinterShareNam

It works fine in that the network printer gets connected to the workstation, but the problem is that I always get the following popup window asking me for the following

"You are about to connect to a printer on "MyServer", which will automatically install a print driver on your machine
Printer Drivers may contain viruses or scripts that can be harmful to your computer. It is important to be certain that the computer sharing this printer is trustworthy
Would you like to continue?

I saw on the KBA 319939 that we had to modify the following policy to fix the problem
"User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers

But when the WinXP machine is not within a Domain but a Wokrgroup, there is no such as a Policy in the "Local Security Policy"
So where do I have to make the modification in order to enable "Point and Print" to any a particular remote Printer Servers

Thanks for any kind of help
Julien.

Ask a Question