Popup window Mozilla/Netscape 7, not IE

Larry

I have generated a random joke file selectable from a hyperlink to
display jokes in a popup window. This works in latest Mozilla and
Netscape 7.1 but not in IE which opens in a new browser window. The
popup windows are set to self-destruct in 5 seconds but in IE this
closes the session.

Check url: http://www.bed-and-breakfast-travel.com/infopages/travelaid.html
towards bottom of initial table on the right side you'll see a small
table with "Bank Machine [ATM] Locators" and below it "Click a Joke".
If you select "Click a Joke" in Mozilla/Netscape the popup works. In IE
it opens a new page, not a popup. (I left the ATM selectors link there
just to show that a popup DOES work from this page in IE).

I think the problem is in the random page selector [a JS script] which
opens the selected random page as "window.location=(quox)" where quox is
name of page and is opened in the currently defined window. I think that
IE wants it's popup parameters defined whereas the Netscape group works
within the already setup limits.

Is it possible to define IE's popup window definitions within a JS file?
i.e. define window size/width, etc.

I hope I've described the problem clearly enuf.
Thanks

Larry
--

For your security and peace of mind ALL emails are automatically scanned
with the latest Norton AV Virus Definitions. Not that I have any virus'

A Belt and Suspenders are the best security invented!

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

Remove the space in the name for the pop-up window.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.