Populating data to subform from main form

Reaction score
First let me say, this poor data design was not my choice. I have inherited an access db that is pulling data from a Sharepoint site, which sadly does not allow one to many or many to many relationships. So the person who designed that site simply worked around that issue by creating mutliple tables for the multiple items, so that I have to put identical data in multiple locations and I'm not sure how to do so.

I have a main form that users access by selecting parameter options when they first enter the database, which then runs a filter query and displays the limited set of results in the test case form. The users then follow the steps outlined in the form and answer a question indicating whether the test passed or not. What I am trying to do is set the system up so that if they indicate the test failed, then the system takes them to a subform where they can describe in more detail exactly what failed and what steps they took to get the failure.

The subform needs to pull in a few fields from the main form so that the folks troubleshooting the system know which test case and from which function (deliverable) failed and who reported the failure. I've got the system working to the point where it understand that if the test is marked as Fail on the main form it switches the user to the subform, but I just can't seem to get it to bring over the data from the main form and then save it to the Failure table.

Any suggestions?

Ask a Question