Pop ups not working...

JenLea

I'm using IE 6 sp2. From the Tools menu, Pop ups ARE NOT blocked.
However, no pop up will work. I've tried blocking popups and then
allowing from specific web sites; didn't work. I tried installing Flash
9, didn't help. Tried reintalling IE; didn't work. Tried reinstalling
XP sp2, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas...I go back to school soon and need these
popups to work.

Thanks.

Try holding down the CTRL key when you want a particular pop-up. (I take it
that you don't want all pop-ups.)

Ken

JenLea

Hi! Thank for the suggestions. Checked everything out, Java is working
fine. Still no pop up windows working.

Jen
Don said:
Hi,
Are you running a third-party toolbar or program that can block pop-ups?
Something like the Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, etc?

Is a security program blocking Javascript, scripts, scripting?

Is Javascript working?
Try these test pages:
Javascript Test- Clock: http://mcgoodwin.net/pubx/JS/samplejavascript.html
JavaScript Test Page:
http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/EXPLORIT/java/IntroJavaScript.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

JenLea said:
I'm using IE 6 sp2. From the Tools menu, Pop ups ARE NOT blocked.
However, no pop up will work. I've tried blocking popups and then
allowing from specific web sites; didn't work. I tried installing Flash
9, didn't help. Tried reintalling IE; didn't work. Tried reinstalling
XP sp2, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas...I go back to school soon and need these
popups to work.

Thanks.

JenLea

Hi, Ken. I'll take all pop ups at this point! Tried the CTRL key,
didn't work. Thank you for the suggestion.

Tom Willett

Java and Javascript are not related.

Tom

JenLea said:
I'm using IE 6 sp2. From the Tools menu, Pop ups ARE NOT blocked.
However, no pop up will work. I've tried blocking popups and then
allowing from specific web sites; didn't work. I tried installing Flash
9, didn't help. Tried reintalling IE; didn't work. Tried reinstalling
XP sp2, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas...I go back to school soon and need these
popups to work.

Thanks.

JenLea

Okay, Javascript is working fine.

"JenLea" <jengoes[at]lycos.com> wrote in message
I'm using IE 6 sp2. From the Tools menu, Pop ups ARE NOT blocked.
However, no pop up will work. I've tried blocking popups and then
allowing from specific web sites; didn't work. I tried installing Flash
9, didn't help. Tried reintalling IE; didn't work. Tried reinstalling
XP sp2, no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas...I go back to school soon and need these
popups to work.

Thanks.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Sorry ... lost track of this thread. Is the Yahoo toolbar listed in Add or
remove programs? If it is, uninstall it.

What other security programs are you running?

Try... Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone> (reset to) Default level.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]