Pocket PC does not work with Vista

J

Jim Elswick

Unfortunately, it will not work with Vista. I have a Pocket PC (IPAQ 4705) that uses 2003 and it too will not work with Vista (they didn't do a good job of advertising that anything you own, high end or not that is two years old or older would become paper weights once you bought Vista). I had the same experience in that it was there for a few days (albeit not able to synch properly with the great Windows Mobile piece of crap Microsoft released to compliment their equally crappy Windows Vista product) and then disappeared altogether. I work in IT everyday and I can't figure this thing out. I've paid a support person to come out, I've spent three of the worst hours of my life on the phone to HPs India based JD Power rated and award winning support being transferred to the wrong people, call dropped and finally being sent restore CDs that just got here today and even they can't restore what Vista has done to this less than one month old hot rod of a PC I bought from Circuit City (past their 14 day support period, so out of luck there too). If you've had your Vista product less than 14 days, I would not walk, but run to return it to the store and get your money back so that you can put it on something that works like XP did (or Mac as many people are now going to, but I'm not ready to yet). Pocket PC synch issues are only one symptom of the many nightmares that await with Microsoft Vista. My PC worked great for the three weeks since receiving it and then without changing any hardware or software gave up the ghost. If the IT consulting firm I work for turned out software like Vista, we'd be out of business in less than a month.

Very frustrated in Ohio,
Jim
(Thankfully I still have my childrens XP based PC that allows me to get to my work items and the internet)

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

D

Danno

I was told by the inside microsoft people that there is soon to be a release that will allow our pocket pc 2002 software to synch on a vista machine. Microsoft didn't tell me how they would accomplish this or when but that is the rumor.

If you are thinking about installing Virtual PC 2007 and running XP on that so you can synch well think again that does not work either. I would have been fine with this fix but the virtual pc does not synch even in XP Pro.

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question