POCKET PC CUSTOM CONTROLS HELP!!! please...

G

I'm going absolutely insane trying to set this thing up....

I've read a tutorial on setting up these controls and I understand you need to have a design time version and a run time version
My run-time version is fine and was working perfectly by itself, until VS decided to go spastic and started to whinge about the references to it in the design part of the form
I removed the code from the windows designer code (to also prevent it from re-writing it everytime I look at the designer) and have now placed the initialization in the constructor for the form instead

Still no dice
I get to the point of deploying the application and while it establishes the connection it throws a wobbler and says

The variable 'dataGrid1' is either undeclared or not initialize
Could not find type 'PocketPcControls.SmartDataGrid'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built

Actually scrap that, now neither of those errors are showing but it now it says

The language for this file does not support the necessary code parsing and generation services. Please ensure the file you are opening is a member of a project and then try to open the file again

The thing just wont deploy

I've tried creating a designer version of the dll but I have problems with that. To do it you have to remove the reference to windows.system.forms add references to the other dlls in the

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\Designe

path (those being system.CF.drawing, system.CF.Design and system.CF.windows.forms) and then re-adding the System.Windows.Forms dll afterwards

Once thats done I get an error atating that the System asssembly isn't added, when it blatently IS! There are also errors talking about contraints but I have no idea what they mean

I'm in serious trouble and I have a deadline coming up so if anyone can shed any light on this topic I will be very appreciative

Many thank

Jax

G

It was hardware.

Fixed it ish, Anyone know any other decent tutorials or documentation on creating custom control for pocket pc? I'd really like some more resources if possible.

jax

I

Ignacio Machin \( .NET/ C# MVP \)

Hi,

Take a look at opennetcf.org also I recommend you to post/read in the
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework group

Cheers,

--
Ignacio Machin,
ignacio.machin AT dot.state.fl.us
Florida Department Of Transportation

Jax said:
It was hardware.

Fixed it ish, Anyone know any other decent tutorials or documentation on
creating custom control for pocket pc? I'd really like some more resources
if possible.

G

I would post in there more often, but I never seem to get a decent repy, so I thought i'd try here instead
Unfortunately the OPENCF did not contain the type of control I was looking for, although I did find others that were useful
Thanks for the suggestions tho

jax

Ask a Question