Plz Help! Create table when submit form

Reaction score

First thanks,

Summarization ...I want to create a form, that in-turn populates a table and creates another table (using a template, and being named with one or more of the textbox information).

Ok, So I am planning on creating a database that tracks personnel and events. I need to be able to pull reports from specific person/people. So my plan is to have 1 database, 1 table(called INFO) that keeps personal info(like Last hame, First name, phone number, work center)... Rows being per person, and columns being the info added. Then I figured I would have a table for each person(labeled lastname firstname) created to track things such as, event/job(by date), then have how many hours, how far traveled how much money spent ect for each event.
So the rows would be the event/job and the columns would be hours, miles, blah blah.

I am doing it this way so I can pull reports, like between the last 30 days, how many hours did SO&So work and how many miles did he travel. but still have them listed out by jobs and not added all together.

Where I need help is, getting a form to create these.

I will create a table template for the (lastname Firstname) tables, but I want to create a form where you input the information for the INFO table, then when you submit it, it adds the person in that table... Also, when you submit that I want to be able to create the (lastname Firstname) table using the template I created, and naming it from the lastname and first name boxes.

So, form has last name, first name, phone... blah blah...
Click submit, this adds the person in the INFO table, and creates a table using the template and naming it Lastname_Firstname....

Can anyone help me code this? i know I need to code the action on the submit button, but I have no idea how to make this happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question