Plug-ins in the separate domain

Dyakov K.M.

Hello, All!

I try to realize the plug-ins loaded in the separate domain (approximately
as here it is written
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/plug-ins/default.aspx). A
difference only that manager plug-ins is started not from the program, but
from COM, written on vb.net which, in turn, is caused by a plug-in for the
Host. In general, all wonderfully works, except for trifles:
1. Assembly of the manager of plug-ins and the classes necessary for work of
plug-ins, it is necessary to prevent in GAC, else loading such as
plugDomain.Load(ManagerAssemblyName) is not possible

2. There lives of 5 minutes on which expiration attempt to execute a method
of a plug-in causes the message "Object has been disconnected or does not
exist at the server". Thus of property (String) of a plug-in to receive it
is possible. No my dancings around LifetimeServices and other leases give
result :(

With best regards, Dyakov K.M.. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi Kostya,

This issue seems to have something to do with the InitializeLifetimeService
method of the MarshalByRefObject class you most likely inherit your objects
from. You can try to override this method and simply return null for a
start. More correct way would be to call the base method, store the returned
ILease and set its lifetime to infinity.

Dyakov K.M.

Hello, Dmitriy!
You wrote on Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:08:00 +0300:

DLC> This issue seems to have something to do with the
DLC> InitializeLifetimeService method of the MarshalByRefObject class you
DLC> most likely inherit your objects from. You can try to override this
DLC> method and simply return null for a start. More correct way would be
DLC> to call the base method, store the returned ILease and set its
DLC> lifetime to infinity.

I have done all this, but alas...
And so - lease.Register(New ClientSponsor(TimeSpan.FromHours(1)))
But alas :(

With best regards, Dyakov K.M.. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)