Pls Help - Checkbox not updateable

Matt Spoljarevic

Hello

I have created a continuous form which displays data from 2 tables. The
purpose of this form is to update our work order list (using a Checkbox i.e.
Completed = Yes or No)

However although all the records display correctly, when I try to click on
the Checkbox on any record I get a message saying "This Recordset is not
Updateable"

Is there a way to correct this?

The SQL for the form is:

SELECT [Trade Allocations].reference, Workorder.Workorder,
Workorder.Priority, Workorder.[Date Received], Workorder.[Date Due],
Workorder.[Site Address], Workorder.[Site Suburb], Workorder.Status,
Workorder.Client, [Trade Allocations].[Name or Company], [Trade
Allocations].Completed, Workorder.Invoice FROM [Trade Allocations] INNER
JOIN Workorder ON [Trade Allocations].Workorder=Workorder.Workorder GROUP BY
[Trade Allocations].reference, Workorder.Workorder, Workorder.Priority,
Workorder.[Date Received], Workorder.[Date Due], Workorder.[Site Address],
Workorder.[Site Suburb], Workorder.Status, Workorder.Client, [Trade
Allocations].[Name or Company], [Trade Allocations].Completed,
Workorder.Invoice HAVING (((Workorder.Status)<>"Cancelled") AND (([Trade
Allocations].Completed)=False) AND ((Workorder.Invoice) Is Null));

Any help would be greatly Appreciated

Regards

Matt

John W. Vinson

[...]

No GROUP BY query is ever updateable. Since you're not using any Totals
operations such as SUM, COUNT, etc. I'd just open the query in the design grid
and unselect the Greek Sigma TOTALS operator.

Even without this, the query will only be updateable if the Workorder field is
the Primary Key of the Workorder table and you have defined a relationship.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
Microsoft's replacements for these newsgroups:

Matt Spoljarevic

Thank you John