Please Please Help!!!!

Chris Watson

This time calculation is driving me crazy, I have several suggestions,
thank you but they don't work. Try it for your self, Open a blank
sheet, Format all cells as [hh]:mm, in A1 put 06:00, in A2 put 05:00,
in A3 put 07:00, in A4 put 08:00, now B1 put in the formula =A1+A2 & in
B2 put in formula =A3+A4. now put in B3 =B1+B2. It just won't work which
ever way you format the cells, I have worked on this problem for 3 days
now trying every possible combination, I would give my right arm for
the solution. I know this is a 24 hour time calculation but if the
cells you are adding together are results of calculations from other
cells the formula won't work. Try it for your self. PLEASE PLEASE
HELP!!!

Barb Reinhardt

If you want to see the total number of hours, you'll need to change a couple
of equations and formats.
First change the formats for B1-B3 to NUMBER.
B1: =(A1+A2)*24
B2: =(A3+A4)*24

"Chris Watson" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Niek Otten

Chris, don't start a new thread now on the same subject. Answers will be
difficult to find and people might spend time answering questions in dead
threads.
You've got an answer to your last post, but still fail to tell what answers
YOU get.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Chris Watson" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Don Guillett

And please use meaningful subject lines to start with

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
This time calculation is driving me crazy, I have several suggestions,
thank you but they don't work. Try it for your self, Open a blank
sheet, Format all cells as [hh]:mm, in A1 put 06:00, in A2 put 05:00,
in A3 put 07:00, in A4 put 08:00, now B1 put in the formula =A1+A2 & in
B2 put in formula =A3+A4. now put in B3 =B1+B2. It just won't work which
ever way you format the cells, I have worked on this problem for 3 days
now trying every possible combination, I would give my right arm for
the solution. I know this is a 24 hour time calculation but if the
cells you are adding together are results of calculations from other
cells the formula won't work. Try it for your self. PLEASE PLEASE
HELP!!!

--
Chris Watson
Chris Watson's Profile: