Please Help,how to restrict my end-users from modifying my programs

Reaction score
how will i make the forms/all items in MS Access restricted from modifications of the end-user?

there are several times that my programs had been modified by an end-user like changing the colors of the fields background font name size etc. etc. and sometimes they accidentally deleted one of the fields and was not be able to undo, so they will have to call me again because of the problem.

I want to restrict everything on my databse so that no one can modify the program, what they can only do is encode a Record;add,update,edit,delete.but the designing and the modification will only allow me.

i have tried the database password and the account permission but its all the same even if the end-user is logged on (with the permission only applies to user), it can still modify the design/forms same as what the Admin can do.

Please help. Thank you.

Reaction score
Not familiar with Access but what you are asking for should be possible. There is some information at this link which seems to go at least part of the way towards what you are asking.

Reaction score
Try Tools>Utilities>Make MDE file - this will remove the ability to change any of the forms, queries or macro's.

Ask a Question