PL2006 ISO downloads

DevilsPGD

I just pulled some stats from my servers to see how much PL2006 data is
being moved via torrent:

maxx: 8.26GB
bear: 7.74GB
oldmaxx: 5.21GB
dwarf: 4.07GB

I also ran some stats on the weblogs for www.crazyhat.net, where the
file contained *PL2006* (including the .torrent and the .iso files, but
excluding all other traffic on this domain/server)

Successful requests: 529
Average successful requests per day: 139
Distinct files requested: 2
Distinct hosts served: 120
Data transferred: 181.56 gigabytes
Average data transferred per day: 47.95 gigabytes

Listing domains, sorted by the amount of traffic.
reqs %bytes domain
272 52.62% .net (Networks)
92 17.16% [unresolved numerical addresses]
82 13.93% .com (Commercial)
21 5.79% .ca (Canada)
21 2.22% .fr (France)
12 1.34% .it (Italy)
6 1.29% .at (Austria)
5 1.03% .au (Australia)
3 1.03% .be (Belgium)
3 0.86% .pl (Poland)
2 0.69% .nz (New Zealand)
3 0.34% .cx (Christmas Island)
2 0.34% .biz (Businesses)
2 0.34% .fi (Finland)
1 0.34% .uk (United Kingdom)
1 0.34% .gr (Greece)
1 0.34% .jp (Japan)

Listing operating systems, sorted by the number of requests for pages.
no. reqs pages OS
1 231 0 OS unknown

2 297 0 Windows
160 0 Windows 98
11 0 Windows 2000
3 0 Windows NT
2 0 Windows Server 2003
2 0 Unknown Windows
119 0 Windows XP

Susan Bugher

DevilsPGD said:
I just pulled some stats from my servers to see how much PL2006 data is
being moved via torrent:

maxx: 8.26GB
bear: 7.74GB
oldmaxx: 5.21GB
dwarf: 4.07GB

I also ran some stats on the weblogs for www.crazyhat.net, where the
file contained *PL2006* (including the .torrent and the .iso files, but
excluding all other traffic on this domain/server)

Successful requests: 529
Average successful requests per day: 139
Distinct files requested: 2
Distinct hosts served: 120
Data transferred: 181.56 gigabytes
Average data transferred per day: 47.95 gigabytes

I think you're providing most of the downloads of the ISO (I'm seeing
very few email requests). The help and the information are much
appreciated.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> Susan Bugher
I think you're providing most of the downloads of the ISO (I'm seeing
very few email requests).

Current torrent status:

maxx: 9.99GB (also running the web server)
bear: 9.57GB (pending shut down, December 27th)
oldmaxx: 5.21GB (shut down, December 19th)
dwarf: ~5GB

I lost the exact count on dwarf due to a typo. maxx has been at 9.99GB
in uTorrent for over 24 hours, but I have another torrent at over 10GB
so I assume it's just luck and not a byte-counting limit in uTorrent.

oldmaxx was some hardware that was provisioned that didn't work out, so
it was 100% dedicated to the torrent. bear was an older server that is
being phased out, it's only running DNS and the torrent right now.

maxx will continue running (and seeding) for the forseeable future, plus
running the HTTP site.

Web traffic is currently sitting at

Successful requests: 1,270 (1,262)
Average successful requests per day: 180 (180)
Distinct files requested: 2 (2)
Distinct hosts served: 159 (159)
Data transferred: 262.99 gigabytes (259.25 gigabytes)
Average data transferred per day: 37.41 gigabytes (37.04 gigabytes)

FYI, the successful requests is so much higher then you'd expect due to
the use of download managers which make multiple connections. It tends
to skew stats somewhat, although I may be able to come up with some
trends based on IPs (since we can reasonably assume that multiple
requests for the same file from the same IP can be ignored -- We're
tracking downloads, not advertising eyeballs)
The help and the information are much
appreciated.

Always glad to help where I can :)

I'm also willing to host any/all other freeware projects, HTTP or
torrent, as needed. I can also do domain registration, free subdomains,
mail (SMTP+POP3+IMAP+Webmail) and various other goodies if needed.

Rick

Just a quick question:
Is PL2006 is super set of prev releases, I mean does it contain PL2005
freeware programs as well?

Daniel Mandic

Rick said:
Just a quick question:
Is PL2006 is super set of prev releases, I mean does it contain PL2005
freeware programs as well?

No only 2006 --- the rest is left behind.

;-) What a Year!!!!

BEst Regards,

Daniel Mandic

cphillips581

Could you please post a MD5 sum for the file "PL2006_CDISO.iso"?

I downloaded it via bittorrent and it didn't seem to match the
validation messages described. It might be nice to have the calculated
SHA-1 sum if you have that instead of the MD5 value.

I use a freeware program named HashOnClick which I downloaded from
http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html to calculate the MD5
hash for the ISO file.

Susan Bugher

cphillips581 said:
Could you please post a MD5 sum for the file "PL2006_CDISO.iso"?

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

"The md5 checksum for the ISO file is 6ebfd28c4c99297c1a7fd601e40807cb "
I downloaded it via bittorrent and it didn't seem to match the
validation messages described. It might be nice to have the calculated
SHA-1 sum if you have that instead of the MD5 value.

I don't. I suggest you see the section titled "Verifying the CD" for
directions on how to verify the CD with DVDsig.exe (included on the CD).

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

cphillips581

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

"The md5 checksum for the ISO file is 6ebfd28c4c99297c1a7fd601e40807cb "

I don't. I suggest you see the section titled "Verifying the CD" for
directions on how to verify the CD with DVDsig.exe (included on the CD).

Susan
Thank you Susan.

The Md5 calculated on my end matches the one you posted.
When I did the "Verifying the CD", I believe the "Total: 2 OK: 2 Bad:
0 Missing: 0" message didn't look the same.

Susan Bugher

Thank you Susan.

The Md5 calculated on my end matches the one you posted.
When I did the "Verifying the CD", I believe the "Total: 2 OK: 2 Bad:
0 Missing: 0" message didn't look the same.

I don't know what "didn't look the same" means. Please run the check
again, copy the message and post it.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

cphillips581

I don't know what "didn't look the same" means. Please run the check
again, copy the message and post it.

Susan

I followed the verification procedure again and everything worked just
as documented, so any earlier problem I had must have been of my own
making. The first step produced the 3 missing count because it was run
on a Windows 98 system as documented in the "Known errors on the CD"
area. The procedure to ensure that my dvdsig.md5 fingerprint file
matches the original fingerprint file produced the expected results.

Total:2 OK:2 Bad:0 Missing:0
The operation completed successfully. 2 files, 0MB, 0s

I thought I received a Bad count of 1 when I originally executed this
sequence, but somehow it had to be a mistake on my part. Please accept
my apology for wasting your time. Thank you for all your efforts on
creating the Pricelessware CD.

Susan Bugher

cphillips581 said:
I followed the verification procedure again and everything worked just
as documented, so any earlier problem I had must have been of my own
making. The first step produced the 3 missing count because it was run
on a Windows 98 system as documented in the "Known errors on the CD"
area. The procedure to ensure that my dvdsig.md5 fingerprint file
matches the original fingerprint file produced the expected results.

Total:2 OK:2 Bad:0 Missing:0
The operation completed successfully. 2 files, 0MB, 0s

I thought I received a Bad count of 1 when I originally executed this
sequence, but somehow it had to be a mistake on my part. Please accept
my apology for wasting your time. Thank you for all your efforts on
creating the Pricelessware CD.

I'm glad you got it sorted out okay. Questions are NOT a waste of time.
It's the questions that don't get asked that cause problems. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

DevilsPGD said:
FYI, the successful requests is so much higher then you'd expect due to
the use of download managers which make multiple connections. It tends
to skew stats somewhat, although I may be able to come up with some
trends based on IPs (since we can reasonably assume that multiple
requests for the same file from the same IP can be ignored -- We're
tracking downloads, not advertising eyeballs)

I've got a few stats from 2004 - I thought your bandwidth consumption
would be lower (since so many people used the bit torrent to download
the PL2006 ISO). Didn't happen - the daily bandwidth usage in 2004 and
the usage shown in your first post were about the same! That's a lot of
gigs. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> Susan Bugher
I've got a few stats from 2004 - I thought your bandwidth consumption
would be lower (since so many people used the bit torrent to download
the PL2006 ISO). Didn't happen - the daily bandwidth usage in 2004 and
the usage shown in your first post were about the same! That's a lot of
gigs. . .

That's a good thing though, since people are using the torrent too it
means the CD is more popular...

Susan Bugher

Top