Pivottable conditional format

G

I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a pivottable so that every other row is highlighted. I used the conditional format feature after selecting rows 1:200, but the highlights go beyond the pivottable. The pivottable is dynamic so I cannot just select the range of cells in the pivottable. In other words if the data fields I want highlighted every other row are rows8-rows200 and columns A-C, i do not want to see the highlights extend beyond row c. But when I change the data filter causing the pivottable to use columns A - E, I want the formatting to extend with it. Any ideas

A

Andy Brown

Try 2 conditional formats. The first so that if the column is blank, then
pattern is No Colour. Then add the second condition to highlight every other
row (or perhaps column ; you got a bit lost in your description).

Rgds,
Andy

G

Sorry about my description :) I thought of trying adding a second condition but some fields in my pivot table are blank so i want to make sure they are formatted. Is there a formula that will not format the column if there is no data in any part of the column? =if(no data in C:C, no format, keep formatting)

thank

Ask a Question