PicSizer a short review - comp entry

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
AxiomX PicSizer is a completely free and extremely useful utility programme, which can quickly and easily re-size your images. I have used it for several years with XP and now Vista - yes, it really does work with Vista too! It can be downloaded from: Here

Before downloading , you are asked to read the (very short) license agreement, which basically explains that the software is provided without any warranties and at your own risk, etc. Download the 1.98 MB zip file, then extract and install the programme in the normal way.

The user interface screen looks plain - some might say dull. There is a white image preview pane on the left which is a ruled, and to scale. It will accept images of up to 1024 x 1024 pixels in size for re-sizing down to as little as one pixel... (useful if you want to e-mail some pics to your favourite ant! :rolleyes: )

attachment.php

Mouse-over any of the buttons and options and their function will be explained in the information bar at the bottom of the window, making the programme very straightforward and user-friendly.

You have the choice to re-size single images, or a complete folder and the programme will handle a range of formats including: JPG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TGA and PNG.

Click the "Load" button at the bottom left to bring up your Pictures file, then select an image and click "Open" to transfer your image to the preview pane. Tick the box to "Constrain Proportions" of the image - this keeps everything in proportion as you make your adjustments, achieved by dragging (or clicking on the rulers if you prefer.)

attachment.php

This BMP picture measures 1024 x 768 before re-sizing.

attachment.php

Afterwards, it is reduced to an e-mailable 300 x 225 (just 65 kb) Click the “Save As” button, select your destination folder and then change the format - I’ve chosen JPEG.

attachment.php

Finally, here is the re-sized photo.

attachment.php

Here endeth my competition entry :D

Attachments

• PicSizer interface screen.JPG
    PicSizer interface screen.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 586
  • PicSizer load pic.JPG
    PicSizer load pic.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 796
  • PicSizer re-size pic.JPG