Pick List Problem

T

Ty

I posted this a few days ago, but Don't think I explained myself very well. Can anybody help me with this issue. I am trying to select an item from a pick list (Cell A1) to be inserted into another cell and be able to automatically copy the adjacent cell (A2) value to another cell

Example

This is the pick lis

Cell A1 Cell A2
PAPER HOLDER - LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.8
TOWEL BAR - 24" LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.8
TOWEL BAR - 18" LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.8

Once I choose the item from Cell A1 to fill in another cell location, I want the adjacent price in Cell A2 to automatically fill in another cell location as well.

Thank you, Dave & Max for your suggestions. Maybe you or some other experienced Excel geniouses can help me out

Thanks
Ty

Ty <[email protected]/
31 min. 25 sec. ago

Header
Report as Spam

D

Dave Peterson

Why didn't you like the suggestions that you got the other day?

For others who may be posting, one of them suggested creating a table and using
data|validation and an =vlookup() formula.

And the other suggested using a formula to extract the monetary value from the
string in the picklist cell.

T

Ty

Dave

My dilemma is that I'm not experienced in creating tables or databases in excel. I'm struggling with the solutions. After I create my table, when I go to validation mode, it won't let me choose the sheet where I have the data in the table.

G

Gord Dibben

Name the source range on the other sheet using Insert>Name>Define.

Then in DV>List>Source type in =MyName

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

T

tott1

Dave,

I'm not experienced with creating tables in excel and naming ranges. I can't get the solutions to work for me. It would be nice if I could attach my spreadsheet so that the actual cell locations could be seen by those who may be able to help.

Ty

Ask a Question