Personal Macro Workbook closed

G

Here is my macro dilemma:

I created 2 macros in "my personal workbook" location so that I could use them on all workbooks. One of them I wanted to delete. Excel told me I needed to unhide a workbook, so it wound up opening a workbook entitled "personal", which I would suppose is the "my personal workbook" previously stated. I deleted the macro, then went to close the personal workbook. It asked if I wanted to save, and I said yes. I went to create a new macro in "my personal workbook" and now it gives me the following message: "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording." Not only that, but BOTH of the original 2 macros are gone, even though I only deleted one of them. Does anyone have a clue of what I could do to fix this problem? I've looked everywhere for the startup folder and the "personal macro workbook" but I can't seem to find it. Any help at all would be great. Thanks!

B

BrianB

The personal workbook is usually called "personal.xls" and kept in th
folder called "XLSTART" so it opens each time Excel is started (a
would any other workbook in this folder)

F

Freemini

First try closing Excel and then re-opening Excel, this should open you
personal file automatically.

If this does not work try doing a file search for Personal it should b
in XLStart directory, but it could be somewhere else depending on you
setup.

hth

Mik

Ask a Question