Personal Distribution lists and Domain users

D

Dave

Is there a way for a domain user using outlook 2003 that is connected to an exchange 2003 server to forward a personal distribution list to a user who is outside the network. Everytime we try to do this, the recipient gets the email with a .msg attachment which is empty/blank. I have tried highlighting the DL and clicking on actions/forward and that sends the blank .msg attachment. I have also tried dragging and dropping the DL into the body of an email but get the same empty results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Have you tried creating an RTF formatted message, and using the Insert->Item option to select the DL? What if you save the DL to the desktop first and then insert it? File->Save as->.vcf file?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

Is there a way for a domain user using outlook 2003 that is connected to an exchange 2003 server to forward a personal distribution list to a user who is outside the network. Everytime we try to do this, the recipient gets the email with a .msg attachment which is empty/blank. I have tried highlighting the DL and clicking on actions/forward and that sends the blank .msg attachment. I have also tried dragging and dropping the DL into the body of an email but get the same empty results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Dave

the only way that i can do it is to save the DL as a .rtf to the desktop and then attach it as a file. i do not have the option to save as a .vcf

Ask a Question