Percentages

JSRothbart

I am trying to create my first Access DB and have one field that I
would like to be a percentage (i.e. 97.8%). I categorized the field as
a Number but everytime I imput a percentage, it just rounds up. How
can I get the exact percentage in there?

Douglas J Steele

Creating a numeric field requires setting two different properties. When you
declare a field as Number, the default Field Width is going to be Long
Integer. In order for the field to be able to store decimals, you must
change the Field Width to one of Single, Double or Decimal. Another
possibility is to declare the field as Currency, rather than Number.