PDA, Windows Mobile 5.0 and VB.NET apps:)

Mrozu

Hi

Can anyone tell me, what i need to make app, which i can run on my PDA
with WM 5.0? I have VB.NET 2003. What else?? How write such apps?

Thx Mrozu

m.posseth

On the target machine you need the compact framework installed

On the development machine you need to have at least the professional
version of visual studio 2003
the dev environment has its own emulator so you do not even need a PDA to
develop mobile apps

regrds

Michel Posseth [MCP]

Matthew.Gertz

Hi, Mrozu,
Here's a good place to start: http://msdn.microsoft.com/smartclient/understanding/netcf/gettingstarted/default.aspx. Basically, you need to create a VB Compact Framework project, and then it's very similar experience to what you'd do for desktop applications.

Hope this helps,
--Matt Gertz--*
VB Compiler Dev Lead