PCMCIA Wireless Card Not Working

Reaction score
I am hoping somoene can help me solve the riddle behind this issue...

I have an IBM (Lenovo) T41 Laptop running XP Pro... I have a Wireless LAN setup as part of my home network, I have two other laptops that connect to the network via WiFi. Both are T42's, both have internal miniPCI cards connecting to Linksys Wireless Router/ MS base station Access Point.

My problem is with my T41... I am using a Microsoft Wireless MN-520 card, this slots into on my T41's PCMCIA. I have not had any issues with either the laptop or the card before. As of yesterday the following is occurring.

1. The card no longer has any active lights blinking (the Power/Signal lights)
2. The card however is still detected within device manager as enabled/ without fault
3. Though device manager gives status as OK, the wireless network connection has dissapeared - Windows Zero Config is started but doesn't initialize - Network connections doesn't list any wireless connections.
4. Every once in a while plugging the card in starts the new hardware wizard.

My confusion lies in the fact if it is the PCMCIA slots then why does device manager pick up the card... If it is the card then it wouldn't be picked up in device manager....... If it is a XP issue then I am dumbfounded as to what the issue is exactly.

Any advice would be seriously appreciated.....

Ask a Question