PC to VCR/TV

I have a Dell C600 laptop and want to view my Windows Media Player videos
(music videos and movie clips) on my TV set. The pc has a s-video output
port and my VCR (which is connected to my TV) has video and audio input jacks
(I believe they are called RCA). I have a cable that has an s-video male
plug that plugs into my pc s-video female output port and a male audio plug
that plugs into the audio output port (with a headphones logo). The other
end of the cable has a male RCA video plug and two RCA male audio plugs (left
and right). They plug into the female video and audio input jacks on the
VCR. After plugging in everything, I boot up my pc. The pc video with the
desktop, ect. appears on my tv, which is exactly what I want. However, this
only lasts for 3-4 seconds, then disappears. Why does this happen? All the
connections are correct since I can see the pc sceen on my tv screen, but why
would it suddenly go blank after 3-4 seconds? What a frustrating tease!!
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Meathead\(MS MVP\)

Check out the display properties in control panel.

The Real MVP

"Frustrating pc to tv problem" <Frustrating pc to tv
news:[email protected]...

The display properties was the first place I checked, but there is not option
for viewing on a TV. I also have NT on another partition that does have a TV
view optinon in display properties, but none for XP. Any other suggestions??

Meathead\(MVP\)

Check you have the right drivers. Without knowing the video card its tough
to give a more detailed answer.

"Frustrating pc to tv problem"

Hi. Thanks for helping me with my problem. The specs on the video card are:

ATI Mobility 128 AGP 2X (DELL)

Device type: Display adapters
Manufacturer: ATI
Location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/6/01
Driver Version: 5.1.2001.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

Meathead\(MVP\)

I don't have any ATI cards anymore but if memory serves me correct if you
use the proper ATI drivers it should solve the problem.