PC or Laptop

Reaction score
I have been asked by some friends who spend 6 months in the UK & 6 months in the USA to find them a new, cheap pc. It would be used only in the UK and mainly to write letters, some basic excel & surfing the net. So any ideas on what they should go for?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Your question is a bit difficult to understand. A Laptop should be the obvious choice, desktop PC's are not really tranportable being bulky. But you also mention that it is only to be used in UK, in which case they just leave it behind since they have no need for it in USA.

If you clarify you may get a better answer.

Reaction score
Sorry Quad, yes they only want something they can use in the UK at their flat in London. I'm not really sure what they want PC or Laptop, they seem undecided.

I would of thought they would not use it for more than 2 hours a day, may just tell them to get a cheap Dell PC for £400 and bedone with it. I think they hoped i had an old pc or laptop i could give them, but i dont.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If all they want it for is office functions and internet, may as well go for a cheap laptop, it takes up less space.

My personal choice for reliable laptops is Toshiba, I know lottsa folks happy with them. Their only drawback is the PSU's ain't that reliable and a replacement averages out at about £60.00.

They're actually sealed, so you can't repair them.

Would still recommend Toshiba though.

Ask a Question