From: "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: Copy Past Values

You're welcome. Glad we were able to figure it out.

Ed Davis said:
That worked perfectly.
Thank you so much.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis
Bernie Deitrick said:
Ed,

Maybe it is some event giving you problems....

This is my formula

='K:\Documents\Excel\Delete these\[July 2009.xls]31-07-09'!B4

and this macro converted it to a value - note that I now turn off events
prior to conversion.

Sub CutLinks2()
Dim myStr As String
Dim myS As Worksheet
Dim myC As Range

myStr = "July 2009"

Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each myS In Worksheets
FindAgain:
Set myC = myS.Cells.Find(What:=myStr, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

If Not myC Is Nothing Then
myC.Value = myC.Value
GoTo FindAgain
End If
Next myS
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

This is one of them all links in this book are to the same book listed
here.

='C:\Posto Pote\[July 2009.xls]31-07-09'!B4

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

Select a cell with one of the links, press F2, press Shift-Home then
Ctrl-C, press Esc, and then paste the exact formula into a reply to
this message.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

BTW I used a book that only has about 100 links this last time.
All my workbooks has spaces in the name I wonder if that could be the
problem. But it was listing sheets so maybe not.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

It may be one of your search settings is interfering. Try changing

Set myC = myS.Cells.Find(myStr, , xlFormulas, xlPart)

Set myC = myS.Cells.Find(What:=myStr, , LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

I changed the strung to "July 2009"
It was the only workbook open.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

It worked perfectly for me.
Is the workbook with the links the active workbook at the time
that you are running the macro?
Are you sure that the filename includes the exact string
"09-2009" and not some variant on that, like "09- 2009"?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Nothing at all happens.
I added a watch for myStr and no values shows.
Ran it in a workbook that has about 500 links.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis

Try the macro below.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Sub CutLinks()
Dim myStr As String
Dim myS As Worksheet
Dim myC As Range

myStr = "09-2009"

For Each myS In Worksheets
FindAgain:
Set myC = myS.Cells.Find(myStr, , xlFormulas, xlPart)
If Not myC Is Nothing Then
myC.Value = myC.Value
GoTo FindAgain
End If
Next myS

End Sub

I have several workbooks with as many as 35 - 40 worksheets.
Each workbook (And as many as 20 sheets from each workbook)
Calls cells from the previous months workbooks.
I would like to Copy Paste Values using as an example any cell
in the workbook that has 09-2009 in the Formula. The file name
may be Sales -9-2009 or Loja 09-2009 and there are several
others, However the 09-2009 is in the filename for each
workbook.
If I can do this I would be able to move or remove the older
files from their default directory.

Ed Davis

Sorry Wrong Post

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis
Ed Davis said:
Hi Bernie

I have found that the links are not updating. Even if I recalc they do not
update.
I have to hit F2 and enter in order for them to update the info.
It is not happening every time but most times.

You're welcome. Glad we were able to figure it out.

Ed Davis said:
That worked perfectly.
Thank you so much.

--