Paste Values and Source Formatting Shortcut

M

magmike

I noticed on the paste options there are letters next to them in parenthesis. Are these shortcuts? i.e next to Values and Source Formatting was (E).

thanks in advance for your help,
magmike

M

magmike

I noticed on the paste options there are letters next to them in parenthesis. Are these shortcuts? i.e next to Values and Source Formatting was (E).

thanks in advance for your help,
magmike

I have been playing around with it and discovered that if you copy a cell and then paste (i.e. CTRL+V), then a smart tag will appear next to the cell you just pasted in. If you press CTRL, the smart tag menu appears, and thenyou can select the option you want by pressing the letter on the keyboard associated with that option.

So then, my shortcut ended up being CTRL+V, CTRL, E

S

sjayanand

What you are doing requires the use of mouse. If you want to strictly use the keyboard then use the Alt option. On Excel-2013, I use the below.

Values : Alt+H+V+A
Formatting Alt+H+V+K

If you use a different version of Excel then press Alt and look at the character that appears on the Ribbon for each of the action. Eg: Alt+H would enable the Home Ribbon and then show the character to be used for different buttons on that ribbon.

Hope that helps

M

magmike

What you are doing requires the use of mouse. If you want to strictly usethe keyboard then use the Alt option. On Excel-2013, I use the below.

Values : Alt+H+V+A
Formatting Alt+H+V+K

If you use a different version of Excel then press Alt and look at the character that appears on the Ribbon for each of the action. Eg: Alt+H would enable the Home Ribbon and then show the character to be used for differentbuttons on that ribbon.

Hope that helps

It does. Thanks!

Ask a Question