Password protection

I would like to do the following:
-I have a web site created with a "Client only area".
-Every client has a different folder in my web site.
-Normally it should be as follows: the client should enter the "Client only"
page where he is requested to input a password and username. Than he should
be transferred to his folder. The problem is that in the Internet Menu "View"
than "Source code" you can see the password and username. That is silly
because there is no protection at all.
- I add a htaccess file in each folder - with the result, that the client is
asked to input his username and password again. Silly as well, because anyway
you can see the password and username in the html code of the "Client only
area"

So, what do I have to do,- can someone tell me?
Thanks
Klaus

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Remove the JavaScript password authentication you use. The correct thing
to do on a *nix Server is to use the htaccess file to password protect
the folder/pages or use a PHP solution.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Hi Jens
If I remove the JavaScript- how can I dirigate each customer to his folder
with the htaccess file?
Thanks for helping me.
Klaus

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Remove the JavaScript password authentication you use. The correct thing
to do on a *nix Server is to use the htaccess file to password protect
the folder/pages or use a PHP solution.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Password protection
Subject: Password protection

[...]

For an automatic redirect you would need to program a solution in PHP.
Otherwise you can create an entry page where they can select a link to
their page.