Passing references of cached objects to VB.Net objects

ken busse

Can I do this and is there anything special I should know?
I noticed I could not get the name space in my VB classes.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Ken,

Thanks for posting in the group.

After reviewing the description, I think we may need more information.
Could you please provide the following information?

1) What is the meaning of cached object here?
2) What is the meaning of VB.NET objects? Did you mean a VB.NET class
library?
3) Could you please let us know which name space you wanted to get in VB
classes?

Please post it in the group and we will follow up here. The reason why we
recommend posting here is you will get the most qualified pool of
respondents, and other partners who the newsgroups regularly can either
share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for
your understanding.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Passing references of cached objects to VB.Net objects
!Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:25:54 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
[...]

!From: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:25:54 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
!Can I do this and is there anything special I should know?
!I noticed I could not get the name space in my VB classes.
!
!

.
Can I pass a reference of the ASP Data Cache object to my
VB.Net classes/objects?
I was told at the ASP.Net newsgroup that I could pass the
Cache reference as an argument in my VB.Net class
construtor. This makes sense to me. What do you think?

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

Since every page is a round trip to the server, you can also use any custom
server object you like to carry the values. You can, for example, create a
Customer object, give it properties like Name, Address, CartNumber . . .

and then assign to that object the values of txtName, txtAddress, etc from
the form and even a CartID from the db (or new GUID or whatever) . . .

if you Cache not the values but the entire object and then cast it when you
retrieve it from the Cache, you can reference it anywhere in the program,
change the properties, put it back, etc. Surely you could use this object
in your VB.NET classes.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:25:21 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
!
!>After reviewing the description, I think we may need more
!information.
!>Could you please provide the following information?
!>
[...]
!>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
!>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
!confers no rights.
!>
!>--------------------
!>!From: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!>!Sender: "ken busse" <[email protected]>
!>!Subject: Passing references of cached objects to VB.Net
!objects
!>!Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:25:54 -0700
!>!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!>!
!>!Can I do this and is there anything special I should
!know?
!>!I noticed I could not get the name space in my VB
!classes.
!>!
!>!
!>