Passing metadata to mailitems from PPT

Reaction score
Hi - looking for a quick question for some direction before i pour into a project

i'm running a vba program from PPT, that opens outlook, creates a mail item, attaches a PPT to the item, and directs focus to this item.

At this point, the user will type the email message and send it.

what i need is:
from the PPT VBA - attach a "tag" to the mailitem with a unique key that i generate

when the email is sent, have an event listener scan for that key / value and if found complete an action (in this case it will be save an .msg to a specific file folder)

So quickly: 2 big questions

1) what property do i set from PPT on the mailitem that i can then find through an outlook add-in? (in ppt shapes - there seemed to be a .tags.add property - but this doesn't seem to exist)

2) would i use VBA or a VBA script to "listen" for message to be sent - and what event would i look for?

I'm good w/ VBA and such for ppt / xls, but new to programming Outlook (reading the mosher book right now) - so just looking for a point in the right direction - and i can google the rest. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: from trial / error - i've figured out the

.userproperties

and

Private Sub Application_ItemSend

are these the best methods?

Last edited:

Ask a Question