Passing a Collection object to a COM+ Server application.

Naveed Anwar Kharadi

From: "Naveed Anwar Kharadi" <[email protected]>
Subject: Passing a Collection object to a COM+ Server application.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:43 PM

Hi,

I am trying to develop a COM+ Server Application, using C#.Net, that accepts
a ListDictionary object in one of its method arguments; but when the client
makes a call to this method there raises an error saying "Insufficient state
to deserialize the object. More information is needed.". This scenario works
fine when the application is a Library package; but since me client is ASP
therefore I need to make it a Server Application.
Can anybody please provide me with some suggestions of tackling this
situation. Its urgent.

Regards,
Naveed Kharadi.

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

Naveed,

I don't think it is complaining about the ListCollection class itself,
after all, it is in System.dll. Rather, the items that are in the
ListDictionary are the ones that I think are causing the problem. If you do
not have an assembly on the other side that contains the type information of
the object that is trying to be deserialized, then the deserialization
process can not take place. You need to place the type information on both
ends in order for it to work.

Hope this helps.