Parameter Query

G

I recently re-created a database structure from an existing DB. The reason I did this was because the original DB creator did not follow the correct field name procedures, ie: Orig. DB had "Last Name", I re-created to show "Lastname". The original DB had an extensive amount of queries and forms. Now when I open the new DB, I am getting a parameter query display. The object I am opening is a team form that displays all information for the team. There are 177 team members. The forms are in alphabetical order when opened in the original DB. I did not import any of the queries in the new DB, but as stated, I am getting this parameter query. It looks like a sql query. How do I delete this query statement when I cannot even find it in the new DB???? Please help......

J

Jeff Boyce

Larry

When you change a table's fieldname, any query, form, report, macro and/or
code module that refers to the old name is "broken".

You may need to consider using a third party tool to find/change all
references to the old field name(s) -- Microsoft introduced the "Track Name
Autocorrect" feature, but at last mention in the newsgroups, it doesn't
handle all the changes.

G

Jeff,

Thanx for the reply. I understand what you are saying. You are saying this will happen when I "Import" the form into a brand new DB??? If so, and you say there is no way to fix with Access' built in functions (which I did use), do you have a suggestion for the 3rd party fix????

Just one question, how is this "Parameter Query" in the form structure and why can't I find and delete it????

J

Jeff Boyce

Larry

If your query was originally written to use a field named [Last Name], and
you modify the underlying field name to [LastName], Access will assume that
you are using a parameterized query (since it doesn't have a field name that
matches).

If your form relies on a query, and the query relies on [Last Name], your
form will ... you get the picture, right?

Black Moshannon sells Speed Ferret, and FMS sells Total Access Analyzer.
I've used both, I don't have a preference. I've also seen references to a
for-free (or close) product, but don't recall, right off. Try Googling the
Access groups using these two as leads and see if you don't find the third.

Ask a Question