Paint opinions appreciated

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Is - or has - anyone redecorated recently? If so, have any of you tried B&Q's "Everywhere" paint (matt or satin) please?

We're thinking of sloshing some paint around, but we need to use very low-odour (VOCs) products. This is due to other-half's breathing probs, my own susceptibility to migraine (various smells can trigger it) and of course, we don't want to subject our cats to strong, chemical pongs either.

In the past, we've used the usual well-known brands and once used the "New England" brand, which was really excellent, hard-wearing stuff. It could be used on any surface too. Only drawback with that one, is the colour choices are a tad limited.

Casting an eyeball over the choices at our local B&Q, their "Everywhere" paint sounds very, very similar to "New England" but with more colour options... Some of the reviews are a bit contradictory though. Some claim to get patchy results/inadequate coverage; others say it has great coverage/no patchiness.

It's certainly a bit less expensive than the leading brands... but only if it's up to the job, of course.

So guys, have any of you tried it? If so, what would be your verdict? Thank you in advance for sharing. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
can't say I have ...

... I used to go on 2 weeks holiday, or never go home, when Nettie did any painting.

Get the pros in and have a holiday for a week, I think it's cheaper than the suffering. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's not our favourite task either Mucks... but I think going away would work-out a bit more expensive, 'cause there would be four cats to board. (Not that we could actually think of leaving 'em anyway... we're a pair of softies.) :lol:

Reaction score
Last time we did paint the dinning room i got the experts in, my dad!!!
Did try the dulux paint pro system which sucks the paint up for you & it did a good job.

If you do it your self's then can we have some photos of before & after!:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Last time we did paint the dinning room i got the experts in, my dad!!!
Did try the dulux paint pro system which sucks the paint up for you & it did a good job.

If you do it your self's then can we have some photos of before & after!:nod:
Do you mean the "Paint Pod" system? We have looked at those a few times, but worked-out that between the extra cost of the sucker-upper system, and special paint, it would cover the cost of painting a second room. :D

Reaction score
Yep, expensive and not as great as it sounds.
So Dad went back to roller & brushes!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hmmm... Paint Pod. :rolleyes:

My daughter got one a couple of years ago. £60 and the paint is expensive too as it's "specially for the Pod". First time she used it it was very good - easy to use and beautiful smooth finish. She meticulously followed all the cleaning instructions but on its second outing it wasn't nearly as good - paint not coming through very well and poor finish. On its third session even worse and after that pretty well hopeless. We even tried extra cleaning sessions to get it back to its original state but no good at all.

It now sits forlornly in her garage and we've also gone back to roller and brush.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Your comments have confirmed our thoughts (doubts). :nod: It's a bit hard to beat an ordinary roller and brush isn't it... and if the roller happens to be a cheapie, it can be tossed out when one is finally done.

Now if I could only decide which paint brand to go for this time...... :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Do you see pro's using these pod systems....No

They use pro rollers and top quality brushes, you can't beat the old fashioned way of painting out a room! :bow: