Page Number gallery starts numbering with 0 need to start at 1

Need as much help as I can get

In the Header & Footer Ribbon, my Page Number always starts numbering my
documents with 0 (or Page 0 of 4). How can I change this to start the page
numbering of my documents with the number 1?

Stefan Blom

To fix this for an existing document: Double-click the header to activate
the header/footer area. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, click Page
Number, and then click Format Page Numbers. In the dialog box, choose
"Continue from previous section" and click OK. Save the file.

If new, blank documents also start numbering at zero, open normal.dotm as a
document and repeat the above procedure for normal.dotm.

To open normal.dotm as a document, you can search for it in Windows (be sure
to search hidden files and folders), right-click its icon, and choose Open
from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Need as much help as I can get" <Need as much help as I can
news:[email protected]...